- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Engineering & Technologies. 2019 12 (5)
- Rylov, Sergey A.; Pestunov, Igor A.
- Contact information
- Rylov, Sergey A.: Institute of Computational Technologies of SB RAS 6 Academician M.A. Lavrentiev, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia; ; Pestunov, Igor A.: Institute of Computational Technologies of SB RAS 6 Academician M.A. Lavrentiev, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia;
- Sentinel-2; MNDWI; satellite images; Sentinel-2; lake area; water indices; NDWI; mixed pixels; water extraction algorithms
The paper presents the results of the comparative analysis of the water extraction methods applied to Sentinel-2 satellite data. An effective method for automatic determination of the lakes areas based on subpixel analysis of mixed pixels is proposed. The results of experimental studies based on high spatial resolution satellite images are presented, and they show that the proposed method provides significant reduction in the dependence of the obtained results on the spatial resolution
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).