- Биология. Biology. 2016 9 (1)
- Shishatskaya, Ekaterina I.; Volova, Tatiana G.
- Contact information
- Shishatskaya, Ekaterina I.:Institute of Biophysics of SB RAS 50/50 Akademgorodok, Krasnoyarsk, 660036, Russia; Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia; E-mail: ; Volova, Tatiana G.:Institute of Biophysics of SB RAS 50/50 Akademgorodok, Krasnoyarsk, 660036, Russia; Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia
- PHAs; biomedical studies; implants
The paper describes research of biomedical applications of experimental polymer devices prepared from polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) in the Institute of Biophysics SB RAS and Siberian Federal University (Krasnoyarsk, Russia) between 2000 and 2012. The high-purity PHA specimens were investigated and then used to prepare surgical sutures, 2D and 3D dense and porous matrices, fully resorbable tubular stents, and polymer coatings. The polymer devices that differed in their shape and mass were introduced into muscles, bones, blood vessels, and internal organs in order to investigate the response of tissues with different structure to the implants. The studies showed that PHAs were highly biocompatible with different tissues and their implantation for extended periods of time did not induce adverse responses of the blood system, cells, tissues, or the entire organism. The authors proved that PHAs can be effectively used as prosthetic implants and bone-replacing implants
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).