- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences: 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4
- Koptseva, Natalia P.; Soshina, Galina S.; Shestopalova, Daria S.
- Contact information
- Koptseva, Natalia P.:Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia;E-mail: ; Soshina, Galina S.:Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia; Shestopalova, Daria S.:Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia
- ethnic mobility; labor migration; the city of Krasnoyarsk; survey; post-Soviet space
The results of the local study of the causes and attendant circumstances of labor migration in the city of Krasnoyarsk are presented in the article. The study was conducted in October and November 2015. The main method of research is questionnaires. The concepts of “acculturation”, “inculturation” and “acculturation shock”, introduced in the conception of the well-known Canadian and American sociologist J. Berry were theoretical foundation of the study. Based on J. Berry’s theory and empirical research, conclusions about the peculiarities of the migration process in the city of Krasnoyarsk have been made
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).