- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences: 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4
- Titova, Tatiana A.; Vyatchina, Maria V.
- Contact information
- Titova, Tatiana A.:Kazan (Volga region) Federal University 18 Kremliovskaya Str., Kazan, 420008, Russia; E-mail: ; Vyatchina, Maria V.:Kazan (Volga region) Federal University 18 Kremliovskaya Str., Kazan, 420008, Russia; E-mail:
- gender order; lexical reduplication; linguocultural competences; linguistic behaviour; social capital; transnationalism; labour migration
The article is devoted to the study of linguocultural competences of migrant women from Central Asia in the Republic of Tatarstan. The analyzed materials were obtained using mass sociological survey methods, as well as biographical and semi-structured interviews. On the basis of language skills in Tatar and Russian languages the article studies attitudes of migrant women to the development of language skills, analyzes different speech situations and reveals the influence of linguocultural competences on the nature of their social contacts, which ultimately determines the success of adaptation in the host society
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).