- Биология. Biology. 2010 3 (4)
- Bondarevich, Eugeniy A.; Osipova, Svetlana V.
- Contact information
- Bondarevich, Eugeniy A. : Chita Medical State Akademy , 39a Chita, Gorky st., 672090 Russia; Osipova, Svetlana V. : Siberian Institute of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry of Siberian Branch of RAS , 132 Lermontova st., p.b. 317, Irkutsk, 664033 Russia , e-mail:
- glutelins; prolamines; evolution; adaptation
The study was focused on the content of protein fractions of Melica turczaninowiana Ohwi (Poaceae) seeds collected in 2007 and 2008 in various cenopopulations of Eastern Zabaikalye. M. turczaninowiana seeds are characterized by very high content of glutelins, up to 80-90 % in different populations. That it is much more in comparison with relative glutelins content in other xerophytes crops growing in the region and сan be connected with relic origin of the species. Seeds from the cenopopulations contrasted by moisturizing conditions differed in prolamine content by two times. In the seeds from humid stow Ingoda prolamine content amounted to 3.3 %, whereas the seeds from droughty stow Angaikhata it equaled 7.9 %. These data confirm the hypothesis on adaptive role of prolamines in crops.
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).