- Supplementary material
- Application 1 (.pdf, 680 KB)
- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences: 2011, Vol. 4, Issue 7
- Razumovskaya, Veronica A.; Kardash, Karine A.
- Contact information
- Razumovskaya, Veronica A. : Siberian Federal University , 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia , e-mail: ; Kardash, Karine A. : Siberian Federal University , 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
- concept; Russian; Chinese; intercultural communication; interlanguage translation; frames; slots; cognitive components
This article is devoted to the study of the concept holiday in two typologically, genealogically and culturally different languages: Russian and Chinese. Intercultural communication includes various aspects of concepts functioning in cultural, linguistic and translation areas. The study of the Russian and Chinese concepts праздник and "节日" reveals to define the invariant and differential cognitive and semantic components within two different languages and cultures and their embodiments in language. The frames and slots method and descriptive method are used in the analysis. The textual material is taken from Russian and Chinese poetry.
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).