- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Mathematics & Physics: 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 4
- Shapovalov, Konstantin A.
- Contact information
- Shapovalov, Konstantin A. : e-mail:
- efficiency factor of light scattering; light scattering phase function; optically "soft" particles
The formulas for light scattering amplitude in Rayleigh-Gans-Debye (RGD) approximation for different particles having axis of rotation are obtained. The general approach for calculation light scattering form- factor and amplitude in the cylindrical coordinate system of particles with arbitrary cross-section having axis of rotation are given. Besides well-known forms of particles ball, spheroid, cylinder, torus, another forms such as cone, halfball, paraboloid of revolution and the body obtained by rotating Cassini ovals are treated. Also numerical results of light scattering efficiency factor and phase function for given particles in RGD approximation are obtained.
- Paper at repository of SibFU
Journal of Siberian Federal University. Mathematics & Physics / Light Scattering by Particles with Axis of Symmetry in Rayleigh-Gans-Debye Approximation
Full text (.pdf)