- Гуманитарные науки. Humanities & Social Sciences. 2018 11 (6)
- Krasnova, Irina O.; Vlasenko, Valery N.
- Contact information
- Krasnova, Irina O.: Russian State University of Justice 69 Novocheremushkinskaya Str., Moscow, 117418, Russia; ; Vlasenko, Valery N.: Russian State University of Justice 69 Novocheremushkinskaya Str., Moscow, 117418, Russia
- strategy for the Arctic Zone development; stocked environmental damage; emission limitations; oil spills responses; adaptation to climate change; ecological development
The article analyzes the environmental legislative acts as applied to the unique Arctic ecosystem. The authors make a conclusion that the legislation may be assessed as fragmentary with certain gaps and deficiencies, including those connected with the response to the global climate change. It is substantiated that the integrity of the Arctic ecosystem, its fragile nature and a perspective of a growing economic use of its natural resources make it reasonable to prepare and adopt a comprehensive legislative act on environmental protection in the Arctic Zone of the RF that would cover the issues of emission limitations, best available techniques, response actions to oil spills, biodiversity conservation, removal of stocked environmental damage, comprehensive management of the coastal zone, and adaptation measures to climate change
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).