- Химия. Chemistry. 2008 1 (4)
- Rubailo, Anatoly I.; Oberenko, Andrey V.
- Contact information
- Anatoly I. Rubailo: Siberian Federal University, 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia, e-mail: ; Andrey V. Oberenko: Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology SB RAS, 42 K.Marx st., Krasnoyarsk, 660049 Russia
- PAH; benzo[a]pyrene; sources
Many countries pay increasing attention to problems of environmental safety and control of pollutants emission. Thereat the problem of presence of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in environment becomes urgent because this substances are ubiquitous pollutants and some of them have carcinogenic properties. PAHs and their derivatives appears in the processes of incomplete combustion of organic substances. PAHs concentrations vary considerably in urban and rural places under influence of vehicular traffic, heat power plant and industrial activity. Some countries set non-mandatory ambient air quality standards for the PAHs. This fact shows pollutants of this class is to be given significant attention. This paper presents some up-to-date data related with sources of atmospheric PAHs, methods of their determination and processes affecting their concentration.
- Paper at repository of SibFU
Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons as Priority Pollutants
Full text (.pdf)