- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Chemistry: 2008, Vol. 1, Issue 4
- Sudakova, Irina G.; Kuznetsov, Boris N.; Garyntseva, Natalia V.; Pavlenko, Nina I.; Ivanchenko, Natalia M.
- Contact information
- Irina G. Sudakova, Natalia V. Garyntseva, Nina I. Pavlenko, Natalia M. Ivanchenko: Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology SB RAS, 42 K. Marx, Krasnoyarsk, 660049 Russia, e-mail: ; Boris N. Kuznetsov: Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology SB RAS, 42 K. Marx, Krasnoyarsk, 660049 Russia, Siberian Federal University, 79 Svobodniy, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia;
- suberin; birch-bark outerlayer; water-alkaline and alcohol-alkaline hydrolysis; filmforming materials; binding agent
The functional composition and the process of thermal degradation of suberin samples obtained by water-alkaline and alcohol-alkaline hydrolysis of outer birch-bark were studied by IR-spectroscopy, TGA and DTA methods. It was shown that the partial hydrolysis of birch bark occurs in water-alkaline solution, while alcohol-alkaline hydrolysis of bark yields the mixture of suberinic acids. The alcoholalkaline suberin destruction occurs at higher temperatures than that of water-alkaline suberin. The basic weight loss is observed at 340-400 °С and 410-440 °С. At these temperatures the loss of weight is 64 % and 91 % for samples of suberin, obtained by water-alkaline and alcohol-alkaline hydrolysis of outer birch-bark accordingly. It was shown that method of suberin isolation from birch-bark defines the composition, properties and areas of the use of suberinic products.
- Paper at repository of SibFU
Journal of Siberian Federal University. Chemistry / Functional and Thermal Analysis of Suberin Isolated from Birch Bark
Full text (.pdf)