- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Biology. 2009 2 (2)
- Dementyev, Dmitry V.; Bolsunovsky, Alexander Ya.
- Contact information
- Dementyev, Dmitry V. : Akademgorodok, 660036 Krasnoyarsk Russia, e-mail: ; Bolsunovsky, Alexander Ya. : Akademgorodok, 660036 Krasnoyarsk Russia,
- radionuclides; transfer factor; mushrooms; shrubs
The study addresses accumulation of radionuclides by mushrooms and berry shrubs from the forest soil in the area around the Mining-and-Chemical Combine (the Krasnoyarskii Krai, Russia). The Suillus granulatus and S. luteus mushrooms have been found to be the best bioindicators in this area. The level of 137Cs concentration in these species can reach 10 kBq/kg dry mass. The 137Cs transfer factor (TF) by the mushrooms varies 5-fold among the sites that receive radionuclides from different sources. The level of radionuclide activities accumulated by berry shrubs is 2-3 orders of magnitude lower than the activities accumulated by mushrooms. Based on the calculated TFs, the distribution of 137Cs and 60Co among the parts of these shrubs is as follows: branches
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).