- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences: 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4
- Marina, Olga A.; Smirnova, Olga V.
- Contact information
- Marina, Olga A.:National Research University Higher School of Economics 20 Myasnitskaya Str., Moscow, 101000, Russia; Smirnova, Olga V.:National Research University Higher School of Economics 20 Myasnitskaya Str., Moscow, 101000, Russia; E-mail:
- professional intercultural communicative competence; measuring communication mobility; communication strategies and tactics; BEC speaking exam; teaching English for specific purposes (ESP)
The article aims at finding appropriate measurement instruments for the assessment of communication mobility (CM) development as an important component of professional intercultural communicative competence. The comparative analysis of the BEC speaking exam paper and communication mobility strategies and tactics shows that the exam format covers the components of CM model to a large extent and consequently may be used to measure the level of communication mobility development in the absence of a specifically designed instrument. Moreover, the analysis suggests teaching implications that entail addressing the issues of non-linguistic strategies and tactics explicitly at the exam preparation stage as well as in ESP teaching in general
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).