- Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences: 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 2
- Smolyaninova, Olga G.; Popova, Julia V.
- Contact information
- Smolyaninova, Olga G.: Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia; ; Popova, Julia V.: Siberian Federal University 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russia;
- intercultural mediators; mediation in education; conflict resolution; school reconciliation services
Ethnic diversity of school students has produced a number of conflict-generators, influencing all the actors of the education process: students, their parents, teachers and administrative staff. The article examines the system of training intercultural mediators in the aspect of development of the multicultural education system and intercultural communication competences. The article presents European and Russian experience of training mediators for the sphere of education. The authors elaborate on the training and accreditation specificity of the mediators in Europe, compare it to the Russian model of mediator training including intercultural mediator training within the Master’s programme offered by Siberian Federal University. The interim results of the research project No. 18-013-00528 Mediation Practices in Education for Harmonization of International Relations in a Multicultural Environment supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research are presented
- Paper at repository of SibFU
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).